This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've emailed you, Kitymambula.
    I need more information to be able to process your membership application.
    There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Comment

• Hi trev

I have sent membership by paypal today. When you get a chance can you email on my membership number. Thank you

Comment

• Hi Trev. Just signed up to eircooled on PayPal. Didnt add my address.!

Comment

• Hi coupekid, send me your postal address by PM and I'll get you sorted tonight. Cheers
          There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Comment

• Hi Trev,

The insurance policy and its details look great, although I do have one question: Does the policy cover legal expenses and personal injury etc.?

Thanks

Dave

Comment

• Hi Dave,

You'd need to question First Ireland about that. We don't sell the insurance, we don't make any money from it and have no responsibility for it, it's just a preferential rate we've arranged with First Ireland.

Comment

• Tried reading up on the whole commercial insurance and can't make sense of it. All the standard insurance companies (First Ireland, Carole nash, etc) aren't interested in insuring my 1979 Irish Crew cab. The van was stored away for 6 years and I thought would be easier to get back on the road but alas. Appreciate for any info, thanks.

Comment

• With First Ireland I think it comes down to the classification (Motor Taxation Class).

I had my Irish panel van insured with First Ireland for years but approx 2 or 3 years ago they dropped it from the policy, reason given was because it is classified as 'commercial' on the tax book.
                  I currently have a LHD Crewcab on the same policy, while its described as a 'pick up' on the registration certificate the motor tax class is 'Vintage'.

The solution is to re-classify, I decided not to go this route as it involved sending away the original brown log book. I understood at the time that it would be replaced with a new Registration Certificate. Maybe if you called to your local Motor Tax Office they can adjust the classification on the system and update the brown log book.

Comment

• If you can get to the local tax office they won't take the brown book from you. They update the computer record for your vehicle then with a biro strike out the old classification and write in vintage/veteran. Then they hand it back to you.

Comment

• Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Comment

• Hi Trev, I just paid for membership through Paypal. I was asked by my insurance company to get a membership number to confirm Id joined. Would appreciate if you could email it me when you get a chance.
                        Thank you. Looking forward to following a family tradition and taking my classic car out.

Comment

• I'll look after that tonight Figo

Welcome to the club!

Comment

• Hi Trev, I paid for membership through Paypal yesterday. I was asked by my insurance company to get a membership number to confirm Id joined. Would appreciate if you could email it me when you get a chance. Many thanks.

Comment

• Hi darragh

I'll get you sorted over the weekend.

Cheers

Trev

Comment

Working...
                              X