X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    Good quote no doubt.

But I dont have my own insurance as I,m insured on 3 other cars in the home as a named driver, as well as 2 more, at my home address.

It will be interesting to see if they accept named driver experience on those
    I don't have insurance in my own name anymore either. But First Ireland were happy to insure me on the bug and porsche with my named driver experience on my girlfriend's car. I paid €276 for both, €210 for the bug and €66 extra for the porsche.

Comment

Originally posted by kobat79 View Post
      I don't have insurance in my own name anymore either. But First Ireland were happy to insure me on the bug and porsche with my named driver experience on my girlfriend's car. I paid 276 for both, 210 for the bug and 66 extra for the porsche.

Music to me ears
      If you are thinking of getting into owning a Fastback, or want to know where to look in buying a Fastback, or want to know what to pay or not pay for a fastback, then pm me.

I,ll give you a tour of your worst case scenario, I,ll give you advice, and pointers in making your own panels, or the best place to get those hard to get panels, and above all honesty always.

Comment

Originally posted by kobat79 View Post
        I don't have insurance in my own name anymore either. But First Ireland were happy to insure me on the bug and porsche with my named driver experience on my girlfriend's car. I paid €276 for both, €210 for the bug and €66 extra for the porsche.
        When I was insuring the beemer and Porsche with them I asked them to confirm the price three times.
        I believe in angles. Δ

Comment

When I was insuring the bug first he quoted me €215. When I pointed out that the club rate was €213 not €215 and asked would he not knock off the €2, he creased up laughing and said he'd do it for €210 on account of my brass neck

They're sound in First Ireland, and their prices are great.

Comment

Went with the 4k option each vehicle, 87 T25 and 76 beetle, total 305 euro's First Ireland
            If you are thinking of getting into owning a Fastback, or want to know where to look in buying a Fastback, or want to know what to pay or not pay for a fastback, then pm me.

I,ll give you a tour of your worst case scenario, I,ll give you advice, and pointers in making your own panels, or the best place to get those hard to get panels, and above all honesty always.

Comment

Still waiting for my insurance documents. Even though I have submitted driver history with AXA of 29 years accident free driving last week.
              Everything is good to go apparently, they are just awaiting issue of the cert ect from the Insurers.
              I think the local bobby is eyeing up my windscreen every time I pop into Kilbeggan.

Comment

Just got my new quote from Carole Nash on Friday, opened it today and got a shock. 1978 VW Camper insured with them for the last 4 years for 200 euro a year, they now want 521.67 euro. Glad I checked here first before I rang them. looks like First Ireland will be getting a call, after I give Carole Nash a chance to explain.

Comment

Contacted Carole Nash about their quote and they told me to take it or leave it. Not one cent would they give me off. So thanks to this site and being a member I am getting insured with First Ireland for 195 Euro.

Comment

Got a quote of first Ireland there now,
                    74 baywindow, myself and the father on the 2000mile policy, 230, and approx 260 if we upgrade to the 4000

Comment

Any idea how long you have to wait to receive your insurance documents from FI?? I'm travelling to Europe on the 6th so I have to have it by the 5th.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

got a quote from F1 this morning for the beetle €195 fully comp
                        looks like i will be going with this

Comment

I presume a LHD classic camper isnt a problem for FI? Im just after thinking of it there...

Comment

got my renewal from carole nash just now

€1.36 less than last year allso €1.36 less than fi

Comment

got my ins from CN with named driver no extra charge €1.36 less than last year

Comment

Originally posted by tonyvw View Post
                                got my ins from CN with named driver no extra charge €1.36 less than last year
                                Would it be an AOP discount?

Comment

Working...
                                X