This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trev View Post
    Not reclassified as vintage and to hell with all the other classifications?
    Yeah, I pondered that too but that's only a tax classification, not registration, no?
    I believe in angles. Δ

Comment

What its taxed as is what you insure it as. It doesn't matter what type of vehicle it is, a van can be taxed privately or vintage (if over 30yrs)
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
        If the van was test exempt then they would need an engineers report.
        what do you mean tax exempt? on vontage tax ie over 30 years?

Comment

Originally posted by RattyOval View Post

what do you mean tax exempt? on vontage tax ie over 30 years?
          Test exempt.....If the van was pre 1980 then they wanted an engineers report.

Comment

I too have received a letter from FI asking me to re-register as a private vehicle. I have spoken to a couple of different agents within FI and getting different responses, all a bit confusing!!
            My vehicle is registered as vintage, Motorhome all good but also as M2 which is a "vehicle designed and constructed for the carriage of passengers, comprising more than eight seating positions in addition to the driverís seating position, and having a maximum mass not exceeding 5 tonnes; may have space for standing passengers." Not what I have....I have been on to Revenue and they have pointed me in the direction of the NCT.

FI among other thinks have suggested that my classification under (J.1) which is B should actually be A.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.....

Thanks
            David

Comment

Originally posted by Kenty View Post
              I too have received a letter from FI asking me to re-register as a private vehicle. I have spoken to a couple of different agents within FI and getting different responses, all a bit confusing!!
              My vehicle is registered as vintage, Motorhome all good but also as M2 which is a "vehicle designed and constructed for the carriage of passengers, comprising more than eight seating positions in addition to the driverís seating position, and having a maximum mass not exceeding 5 tonnes; may have space for standing passengers." Not what I have....I have been on to Revenue and they have pointed me in the direction of the NCT.

FI among other thinks have suggested that my classification under (J.1) which is B should actually be A.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.....

Thanks
              David
              M2 is 10 seats or more and should be C, M1 is what you want and is class A.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vrt/rev...ification.html

Tax class is separate again, and VIN/VET.
              I believe in angles. Δ

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Who makes the change? Revenue told me to contact the NCT who VRT'd it in the first place. Make sense?

Comment

The vrt office are at nct centres but not every nct centre has a vrt office. Kilkenny tullamore and carlow have them dont know about the rest
                  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

Locations here - https://www.ncts.ie/1163
                    I believe in angles. Δ

Comment

• My panel van has 'goods vehicle' listed on the tax book, First Ireland (AIG) have informed me that they will no longer insure it on my vintage policy unless i re-register it as passenger vehicle. This involves going to the tax office and getting a new log book issued. Its a vintage commercial and thats how i want it insured and be able to keep its 53 year old log book, after almost 10yrs with FI looks like i'll be going elsewhere.

Comment

• Shooting themselves in the foot I think...
                        There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Comment

• I don't know if its First Ireland or AIG but there going to stupid levels and loosing alot of customers over it.

Im just waiting to see what shit they come up with for my renewal.

Comment

• I'm sure it's probably the underwriters that can't cover a classic as a commercial vehicle, and I can understand why TBH.

I think you can ask to keep the original log book, but they'll slap a new white sticker on it.
                            I believe in angles. Δ

Comment

• Has anyone from the club spoke to First Ireland in an "official" capacity to get proper clarification on the imposed changes.

Many people are using the club's membership to get the discounted 195e price with them

Comment

• Anyone here renued their insurance lately? What sort of premiums are been.paid?
                                i Got an insurance quote from first ireland for Ä256 which is for one classic vehicle. Not sure if the club membership reduction is incorporated into this quote.
                                ​​​​any information greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X