Vw 1977 pick up single cab barn find

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vw 1977 pick up single cab barn find

Hi, I have recently acquired this VW Pick Up 1977 Single Cab. It is still in the shed where it has resided for 27 years . I would appreciate any comments on the photos. I managed to take a couple of photos underneath and i am interested in yer thoughts on what lies ahead of me.
    the internal cab seems good and hopefully i will not have to replace anything.
    Attached Files

First thought is jealousy. I missed out on one just like it a few years ago.
    If I were you I'd only do mechanicals and leave the body as it is.
    Like most commercial vehicles in the 70's/80's it probably had a hard life but it looks all together from those pics.
    Good luck with it!

Comment

I passed an early SC in a garden last week. Rez, do you want the location?
      I believe in angles. Δ

Comment

Originally posted by JustinOval View Post
        Neither the funds or time at the moment Justin
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rez View Post

Neither the funds or time at the moment Justin
          Thanks!
          I hear ya.
          I believe in angles. Δ

Comment

Waterford?
            ONIONS

Comment

Pulled her out of shed this evening. It doesnt look as bad as i thought . Mechanic is going to try and start engine for me , put on some tyres and fix brakes and make sure steering is good. will see then how much i will do with it. Engine or something leaking oil towards the rear.
              I am a member of the NSU Club Ireland and have a lot of NSU Quickly's and will use the pick up to take them to shows.
              I will need to get a canvas done like the original type. Does anyone know anyone in Ireland that might do such a thing?.
              Is there any diagram anywhere of the dimensions to ensure it is reasonably like the original?.
              Anyone with secondhand parts ? Hub caps ,tail lights , maybe wheels , not sure how good or bad they are.

Comment

https://nlavw.com/t2-bay/640-heavy-d...ouble-cab.html

Comment

Donal Dollery in Limerick has a single cab pickup with the top hoops and canvas. You could ask him about how it was bought or made.
                  There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Comment

Originally posted by wackerwacker View Post

Waterford?
                    Yeah, Portlaw area. Do you know it?
                    I believe in angles. Δ

Comment

Yeah, Portlaw area. Do you know it?
                      I think so
                      blue in colour made 68 register 69 south tipperary one owner from new and there's not a lot left
                      ONIONS

Comment

Originally posted by NSU Quickly View Post
                        I am a member of the NSU Club Ireland and have a lot of NSU Quickly's and will use the pick up to take them to shows.
                        That's a cool idea to use it for your NSUs. Can't wait to see that.
                        www.mustbook.ie

www.volksworld.com

www.carbsandchrome.com

Comment

OK Thanks i'll try and contact Donal Dollery.

Comment

Go to www.nlavw.com They stock steel hoop frame sets & canvas. (You might need deep pockets however!)

Comment

Thanks . I saw them on ebay. I will try a couple of irish suppliers to see what they say.

Comment

Working...
                              X