• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Kilkenny meet of 2018 tomorrow.
    Details on first page for those considering coming for the first time

Comment

• First Kilkenny meet of the year - yay
      My 1303 fucking me over again - boo

But despite this, the obscenely sound Rez and Podsy, spent a good hour (or more) trying to get me sorted, and when that was a no go, due to a bollixed dynamo, got me home to Waterford.

MASSIVE thanks lads, ye are the stuff of legends.

And Podsy, burn out that red yoke that's outside the house. It's the kindest thing to do.

Attached Files

Comment

• That's a pain in the stones but on the upside, it's with Podsy and if anyone can sort it, then it'll be him.
        www.mustbook.ie

www.volksworld.com

www.carbsandchrome.com

Comment

• Jaysus, when I left I reckoned you'd be on the road in no time!

If it's any consolation, my beetle chugged to a halt about 10 miles from home. I eventually discovered the fuel pump had kinda come apart internally but was able to bodge it back together enough to get me home. Only took an hour lying in the gutter in the pitch black to troubleshoot my way to the fuel pump!! Luckily I had enough tools on board for the job.
          There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Comment

• Originally posted by trev View Post
            Jaysus, when I left I reckoned you'd be on the road in no time!

If it's any consolation, my beetle chugged to a halt about 10 miles from home. I eventually discovered the fuel pump had kinda come apart internally but was able to bodge it back together enough to get me home. Only took an hour lying in the gutter in the pitch black to troubleshoot my way to the fuel pump!! Luckily I had enough tools on board for the job.
            Ah shit man, that's a dose. Twas a night for it so.

He tried everything possible to get it going up at his house, but no go. Ah well, wanted to do an alternator conversion anyway, this just pushed my hand a bit sooner is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by trev View Post
              I eventually discovered the fuel pump had kinda come apart internally but was able to bodge it back together enough to get me home. Only took an hour lying in the gutter in the pitch black to troubleshoot my way to the fuel pump!! Luckily I had enough tools on board for the job.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	macgyver_t.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	382343
              www.mustbook.ie

www.volksworld.com

www.carbsandchrome.com

Comment

• Sorry to hear your troubles Trev. Glad you made it back eventually!

Welcome to Andy who made it to his first KK meet with his son Toby.
                Myself and Andy were chatting about how he'd like to do an alternator conversion on his van. I suggested to him that over the next few weeks I'd be happy to host a get together/workshop and do it.
                All will be welcome!
                We didn't realise an hour later we'd be needing to do the same to Mark's beetle.

We will probably do both the same day so stay tuned and I'll put up details.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	382346Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	382347
                  There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Comment

• I'd say the brushes in Andy's generator are gone and need replacing and that's why is not charging. Simple fix try that first and see what happens.
                    Brian

Comment

• The Honda drove like a dream home in case ye're interested. Awesome car
                      Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by duts View Post
                        The Honda drove like a dream home in case ye're interested. Awesome car
                        We're not

Comment

• Wasn't talking to you
                          Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by duts View Post
                            Wasn't talking to you
                            Ah, go shite

Comment

• I'm only getting a chance tonight to get some pics off my phone. Here's the only pic I took from our Christmas meet.
                              Most people decorate their tree, Wacker decorated "Le Donkey"

​​​​​​IMG_3165 by kevreadedj, on Flickr

Comment

• Right kid we having this on this Tuesday 6th this month

ONIONS

Comment

Working...
                                X