No announcement yet.

Wanted: Car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, that's a super recommendation there Coxy! My sister lives down in Tipperary so I might have an excuse to go there over the weekend anyway. You think it's worth giving them a call anyway, that's clear. Any advice on what I should be asking?

Comment

You could also see if there is anything on Beetle.ie for sale. I think the Jeans Beetle might be sold as he hasn't been in touch with me in a while. The metallic blue Beetle is nice but it has some areas that need attention and there is someone interested in it at the moment I believe.
      Last edited by Coxy; 26-06-2020, 11:25 AM.
      www.mustbook.ie

www.volksworld.com

www.carbsandchrome.com

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaVic View Post
        wow, that's a super recommendation there Coxy! My sister lives down in Tipperary so I might have an excuse to go there over the weekend anyway. You think it's worth giving them a call anyway, that's clear. Any advice on what I should be asking?
        I'd be asking for detailed photos of the car before going any further but it still looks to be in excellent condition. When all is said and done, you can't beat actually going there and viewing it for yourself because photos can be taken at different angles to hide issues.
        www.mustbook.ie

www.volksworld.com

www.carbsandchrome.com

Comment

Another one to consider

https://www.eircooled.com/deforum/fo...e-%C2%A310-000

Comment

Quick update - Iím going to see zippy on Sunday! Wish me luck!

Comment

nice one! good luck!
              There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaVic View Post
                Quick update - Iím going to see zippy on Sunday! Wish me luck!
                Thatís deadly Iíd say youíll love it.
                www.mustbook.ie

www.volksworld.com

www.carbsandchrome.com

Comment

This wee one is just over the border, I don't know the car but looks nice

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1974-Volk...6a5c%7Ciid%3A1

Comment

Weíve just put a deposit down on zippy after driving around the countryside for a little while - he is lovely, in such good condition and so much fun. Delighted with myself. All going well, once insurance sorted and everything Iím going to be picking him up next week!!! Next thing ye all have to help me with is to get a good mechanic to have a look over him, etc.

Comment

Well done. I knew youíd buy it. Itís a beautiful Beetle and it has been very well looked after for many years by its various owners.

Hereís a thread from when Zippy was last sold a few years ago.

https://www.eircooled.com/deforum/fo...-1-3-tp-beetle

Gritz knows some of the history of Zippy.
                      Hereís a thread from when Hugo bought Zippy from Gritz in Tipperary.
                      https://www.eircooled.com/deforum/fo...y-looking-good
                      www.mustbook.ie

www.volksworld.com

www.carbsandchrome.com

Comment

That history is amazing to have - thank you. He hasnít changed much in the last couple of years and pretty much looks exactly the same as the last time he was sold. The lady Iím buying him from simply had him as show car and she hasnít done much mileage at all since she bought him. I have to drive him back to Dublin next weekend so Iíll be well acquainted with him by next Sunday evening!

Comment

Zippy got me home safely to Dublin and my little family and I are delighted. Thank you all for your help and advice, it really helped my decision. Hereís to many happy years driving!

Comment

Wahay!! Well done Zippy! And well done you! I hope you have many many happy journeys with it. Maybe we'll see you at an event or show if we ever get to go to any again!
                            There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Comment

Working...
                            X