Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think it needed more than just cosmetic work.

Comment

• For Sale in Dublin: An excellent opportunity to purchase an original 50's German Built Split Screen van project It is in good solid condition and ready for a restoration. It has a complete new cargo floor under section and floor partially fitted and a complete set of new window rubbers throughout ready for when the van is finished. There is a unique bulkhead built into this van which separates the cargo bay from the rear hatch. On the right there was a compartment used for carrier pigeons. Left side has its original generator rack which slides out. An extra air vent was installed for ventilation. There is also jail bars and a pull down canvas blind separating the driver cab from the cargo bay and two jail bars on the rear pop out windows. (One of the rear pop out windows is missing) I have the original gearbox but the engine (not original) needs a rebuild (not working) and could be either rebuilt or used as a donor for an exchange engine. Replacement rear bumper was purchased and is exceptionally good. The roof rack is original Swiss Army. When I purchased this van It had post 1962 rear lamps. I purchased an original set (Not reproduction) of Hella Rear lamps (€300). The bench seat is in remarkable condition and dash is complete and original with parcel tray. The solid structure of this van body is what matters in a restoration project. This van has a unique 5 digit ZV plate. ZV *** Parts purchased: Chassis outriggers, cross members, cargo Floor etc. Two Doglegs for Pre 1962 VW type (£430) Cargo Door inner Hinge bracket, 4 x Inner C Post repair (£112) Cargo Floor Half Heavy Duty Left (£160) Cargo Floor Half Heavy Duty right (£160) 4 off Jacking points (£104) Front door seal kit + or - one or two items = £130.00 11 Window seal bundle + or - one or two items. £350.00 Other miscellaneous parts purchased: Sill and Side panel,Cargo door latch plate
      I believe in angles. Δ

Comment

• Anyone know this car? Looks nice
        For Sale in Dublin: It's a Good driver but could benefit from a restoration project and be the most beautiful little car. Spare parts are shocks, oil, rear brake pads and a few bushings etc. Tires all have plenty of thread It's had all new wheel bearings, new front hubs, a disk brake conversion on the front (upgraded from less effective drum breaks) Engine is a 1600cc rebuild engine It also has originally side windows which were only on a few models which fold out. **To note I proceeded with a lot of initial bodywork repairs to leave this car in very presentable condition. Also, the car recently got new shocks, and steering rods, a new upgraded disk/oil breaking system was installed. I have the new rear brake disks and can install them for you(better so you can see that they are being fitted). Receipts for new parts fitted in the last few years total over €800 and I have them. Bodywork last week cost almost €600 so my price of €3000 is now €3500. This car has some light surface rust on the bonnet and roof, however I been advised to leave as is as the new owner could choose to lightly sand and lacquer this to keep this rustic look

Comment

• Originally posted by Ciano91 View Post
          Anyone know this car? Looks nice
          i don't know this car but proceed with caution and look underneath

Comment

• Is that painted over the wing beading?
            I believe in angles. Δ

Comment

• There's more photos on Adverts ad...

1974 Volkswagen Beetle, Used Beetle For Sale in Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland for 3000.00 euros on Adverts.ie.

Comment

• I owned that car a couple of years ago.it's a nice car but did have some rust in the usual spots.

Comment

• https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-...i-80l/15577391

Comment

• formerly of this parish
                    There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Comment

• Fair play Trev still looks as good as it did when it was finished.

Comment

• Originally posted by riggsi View Post
                        Fair play Trev still looks as good as it did when it was finished.
                        all credit goes to the current owner for taking such good care of it
                        There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Comment

• Ah I didn't realise that was yours before Trev. It's class.

Comment

• Look up the build thread on here Mark. Well worth a read
                            Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by duts View Post
                              Look up the build thread on here Mark. Well worth a read
                              Go raibh maith agat Daithí

Comment

• https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-...amper/15594623 anybody know this van?

Comment

Working...
                                X