Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Cheap Beetle on e-bay.....

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
if where restoring and needed parts you might get it for good
money and stip it. If it'd be any use

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I have quite a low ceiling so if it goes beyond €800-900 (and I would expect it to exceed that easily) I won't even be bidding. If anyone else is prepared to go further then be my guest :)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I'd be surprised if it didn't reach €1500-€2000. I know the market isn't exactly bouyant at the moment but we'll see what happens in a week's time ;)

It'd be a perfect candidate for a RHD conversion and a pre '80 "chassis transfer" if you know what I mean...

If anyone buys this and wants to do the RHD thing I have a full RHD dash and RHD pedals I could sell ;)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
cos we drive on the left!! My van is LHD and it's no hassle to drive because it's not really a speed machine: overtaking isn't very frequent. In a bug though you might be more likely to be overtaking so RHD on Irish roads is an advantage.
Still though, it could be driven quite easily as LHD too, depends on how bothered you were...

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I drove a lh beetle for a few years, and I drive a lh camper now. I find driving a lh easier.I,m going to keep an eye on it too, I imagine it might go a little higher than 2. But its definitely a buyers market at the moment.

Tim

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
The tax is negligable, when you have the benefit of an nct. I would have thought an NCT would have been a bonus.
I hope you are right about the price being kept low.

tim